Thursday, July 21, 2011

Miu Miu Magnificent

While I gazed adoringly at the the dress Kate Moss wears on the July cover of UK Vogue, I remembered that fashion is having a 1940s moment and, of course, one of the key arbiters of style - Miuccia Prada - is one of those responsible, with her recent A/W collection for Miu Miu.
A sophisticated collection of mostly very wearable clothes, I love the contrast of those ultra modern sparkly shoes with bare legs and wide shoulders. With swing skirts, hip swags, fierce shoulders and hemlines hitting mid calf, some of the key elements of 1940s fashion are all here. Throw swallow, daisy and lily of the valley prints into the mix, and I'm squealing with delight.

You can check out some genuine 1940s details on these two gorgeous frocks from the era, courtesy of Shrimpton Couture. The shoulders on the I Magnin evening dress are beautiful and the swag on that liquid gold like party dress is very special indeed.

I might be having a 1940s moment myself.
Runway pics courtesy of Style.Com.

1 comment:

My Little Frame said...

OMG Amazing collection, thanks for sharing! and is really true the 40's are coming up!

Kisses

Natalia

www.mylittleframe.blogspot.com