Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dress of the Week (and runners up)

This week had been a doozy as far as flash frocks go so I feel like I can't just post one photo.


First runner-up is Michelle Williams in this 3.1 Phillip Lim dress. Go Fug Yourself polled this one and thankfully it came up trumps with over 35% of readers (at last count) voting the dress AWESOME (in capital letters like Kanye West). I think it is pretty awesome too and have no issues at all with the gold chain mail shoulder (which actually extends almost the whole way down her back). Isn't Michelle Williams pretty? Even back in her Dawson's days she reminded me so much of my good friend Megan that I've always had a soft spot for her. She exudes a definite laid-back Brooklyn cool and always looks fab whenever she is papped.

Another super pretty girl is Emma Watson whom I watched in Ballet Shoes on ABC 1 on Sunday night. Cute story and this is a really cute dress on Emma. Sheers seems to be all the rage at the moment and this avant garde dress is doing something right for me. Maybe it is the lovely shade of blue. Is this cerulean as per Devil Wears Prada?

Third runner-up is Cameron Diaz in this hot Stella McCartney embroidered mini.

And finally I'm awarding the gong this week to Anne Hathaway who wore this Oscar de la Renta dress to the Tony Awards. This is another dress with an element of sheerness which creates a nice point of difference against the timeless fit and flare silhouette. Not sure about the shoes though. What do other people think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Oscar De la Rente Dress on Anne Hathaway. I like the shoes but I think there's something not quite right about them with the dress. It's not horrible but not right either.