Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Changes

The last fortnight has been pretty crazy. I started my new job and encountered all that that entails: meeting new faces, learning new systems and getting up to speed with an entirely new publishing list. I'm working on some great books and my colleagues are all lovely ... so far, so good. Meanwhile yesterday I had to go into hospital for some minor surgery while my sister-in-law was in another hospital giving birth to my new nephew Jacob. Now my niece, Emily, has a little brother to harass, just as I used to harass mine (although come to think of it, it was generally the other way around).
To round things off I'm also five and a half weeks away from my wedding and the betrothed and I are currently hosting my parents - in Sydney to meet their grandson - + my beloved pug Elsie. Elsie is recovering from surgery herself; she had facial reconstruction to prevent her going blind. This included completing removing a fold of skin underneath her eyes ... a fold that is quintessentially pug. I think she still looks as cute as a button, and for the first time in eight years, I can see her nose!

Dress: Posh Vintage
Belt: Thrifted
Feet: Bare

2 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

wow...that's a lot going on! You must be getting so excited for your wedding! You have that bride-to-be glowing beautifulness about you!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Love your dress and your pug is adorable!!