Friday, September 3, 2010

Frocks of the Week: The Best of Television

I know my Emmy picks are a little belated - I've been working away from home this week and have had nary a moment to actually sit at my computer, let alone blog - but I didn't think I could let the occasion go past without putting my or in.
And how lovely did the three ladies of Mad Men look on Sunday night? January wore royal blue Versace with a graduating hem (pity about the shoes); Elisabeth was the picture of elegance in Donna Karan; and Christina Hendricks was both naughty and nice in lilac Zac Posen.
Meanwhile I caught up on episodes 3, 4 and 5 of Mad Men last weekend and was somewhat lamenting the loss of the early 60s elegance as the show moves into the polyester madness of the mid to late 60s (particularly noticeable in the outfits of the SCDP secretaries). Lucky I had Peggy's hipster friends and a segue into laid-back Californian style to appease me.

There were a few ladies who wore vintage on the Emmy's red-carpet; most notably Susan Sarandon's daughter Eva Amurri in Thierry Mugler and Keri Russell in Jean Louis Scherrer. I love Keri's pleats and she's complemented her outfit impeccably with gold shoes and a cute box clutch.

No comments: