Sunday, August 5, 2012

The End


You may have noticed that things have been very quiet at Digs Frocks and Books for a while and to be honest this has been because I've been working up the courage to say goodbye.

I started out Digs Frocks and Books as a way to get into the habit of writing regularly and the short bursts required to keep a blog going suited me well as I juggled full-time work and a chronic pain condition too. It also allowed me to spend lots of wonderful time researching fashions of the past and connecting with people all across the world of similar interests and I'm so thankful for that. I've met some wonderful people along the way.

Four years down the line and I'm still juggling full-time work and my illness as well as everything else my life has to offer: family, husband, friends, exercise, reading & housework. And instead of spending time on Digs Frocks and Books I've been creative writing instead and I've been really, really enjoying it. I've got about a third of a novel under my belt and another novella too and although I'm unsure whether any of it is any good at all, I'm thoroughly enjoying the process of actually doing it.

In other words it is time to commit to new things.

I'll be keeping the blog archive up as I don't want to lose four years worth of research and writing and you never know, one day I may want to come back to it.

In the meantime there are so many other wonderful vintage blogs out there well worth checking out, some of which are highlighted on my blog roll. And I'll still be talking about vintage and my other passions (literature, feminism) on my Twitter feed. I confess to social media fatigue sometimes but my job as a publicist kind of demands that I keep my finger on the pulse. Maybe one day soon I'll embrace Pinterest and Instagram too. I'm so behind the times, right?

In the words of Scarlett O'Hara 'after all, tomorrow is another day.'
See you on the flip side lovelies.

9 comments:

what are they wearing now said...

Hi Louise,
Thank you for all the wonderful posts and great tips on books.
All the best for future endeavours. We will miss you in blogland.
Linda

Heidi said...

I wish you the best with your literary endeavours and your health. And I only just discovered you too... Please feel free to drop by my blog, especially on a Friday.

Favourite Vintage Finds said...

I'll miss your blog posts Louise. Will keep your wonderful blog on my blog roll. Thank you for having my blog on your blog roll too. Wishing you all the best with your new projects. ♥ & hugs, Carla.

Wild Tea Party said...

Sad to see you leaving the blogosphere so to speak, but glad to hear you're pursuing your passions Louise. I'm sure I will see you around and about!

Good luck with the creative writing! If anyone could do a great job, it'd certainly be you! It's fun isn't it? (ditto for me too, though I'm in the editing stages now. I think it's like the clean up after a wonderful party... it takes the shine off :P)

Carrie said...

I so admire your courage in knowing when to let go! I've had to stop blogs I loved writing lately too, due to family commitments. It's hard to quit. Good for you! Glad you are enjoying creative writing. Thanks for all the lovely blog posts you shared with us over the years!!

ethel mertz said...

I will *truly* miss your wonderful blog. You have my sincere best wishes in your future pursuits. A candle and a hug for you health.

ethel mertz said...

I can't adequately state how much I'll miss your blog. I hope your health and future pursuits bring you a deep well-being. Thank you.

ethel mertz said...

I'll miss your blog terribly. Much good luck to your future pursuits!

http://lefragmentmode.blogspot.fr/ said...

Great article :) nice blog!

http://lefragmentmode.blogspot.fr/