Saturday, January 15, 2011

Colour and Prints for Spring

I know the pre-Fall collections are already making the rounds (how many collections can one designer have per year? That's some crazy creative output) but the magazines are still focusing on S/S 2011 and I found my eye drawn to all the beautiful colours and striking prints (hello Prada) from that season. I'm particularly enamoured of UK designer Jonathan Saunders who showed feminine pieces drenched or dipped in various brilliantly coordinated colours. Saunders has said his S/S 2011 line was inspired by Erwin Blumenthal's fashion photographs from the 40s and 50s and great American designer Claire McCardell. I can certainly see where he is coming from; these clothes are ladylike but modern, with a sporty influenced wearability that is reminiscent of McCardell.
Enjoy!


Photos courtesy of Style.Com.

No comments: