Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dress of the Week


I'm really missing Awards season. I'd start wishing for 2010 to roll on, but that would mean missing the beginning of summer and hurrying my wedding even closer, a thought which fills me with unmitigated dread. Wedding planning is by turns both fun and painful.
Having said that Diane Kruger was memorably turned out for the LA premiere of her new flick, Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds (it actually hurts me to write that, as deliberate misspellings are akin to fingernails on a chalkboard to me).
Apparently this unique Versace Atelier bejewelled backless dress was designed especially for her. I imagine the plunging back would have offended some but I think, in this case, Diane just manages to pull it off. There is something classically sexy about an exposed or sheer back. Love the cute capped sleeves and black platforms too.

Regular readers of my blog would know that I'm not a big fan of Angelina Jolie's style, but she was looking pretty sexy at the same event (supporting partner Brad Pitt) in a Michael Kors strapless leather dress. With her svelte figure, it is hard to believe she gave birth to twins last year.
The ever stylish Diane is on the cover of the current issue of UK In-Style magazine and in the interview she reveals that she does her own hair and make-up for the red-carpet. Very impressive ... if I was a celebrity I'd definitely be outsourcing ... though I guess she was a top model. Back in the early days of modelling in the 40's, 50's and 60's (before the lovely Diane was born) models generally did their own hair and make-up and were thus largely responsible for how their "look" evolved.
In-Style have a behind the scenes video from Diane's photo-shoot on their site.



The Antonio Beradi dress looks amazing and would look totally rubbish on me. I guess that is why I'm a mere mortal and not Karl Lagerfield's muse.
Oh well; such is life.

1 comment:

what are they wearing now said...

Hi Louise,
Thank you so much for becoming a follower and your kind remarks. I have just become a follower on your blog and look forward to reading it more often. It looks great with lots of interesting links.
Happy blogging,
Linda