Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wishing Winter Away

Saturday nights are for friends but Friday nights are for me. I must be getting old. I was so exhausted last night that all I wanted to do was lie on the couch and look at pretty things, so I picked up the June issue of UK Vogue and gazed upon a season that now feels completely alien to me. As of about three weeks ago, it well and truly became scarf and coat weather here in Sydney.
Regular readers will know that I'm not a winter girl. I should be excited about wool coats and funky stockings and finding that perfect pair of boots, but instead I long for that feeling of warm air hitting bare skin. I love looking chic in just a swimsuit and sandals. I covet cotton dresses all year round. This gorgeous shoot from Josh Olins, featuring Brazilian model Raquel Zimmerman, really appeals. I love the colours of the shoes and clothes and the bright pink lippy against her deep tan. And I especially love the one-shouldered red DKNY swimsuit in the first shot. It reminds me of this vintage Bill Blass number from Posh Vintage which I've long lusted after.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That red DKNY swimsuit is cute! Loving the other swimsuits/swimwear pictured as well.

http://theladywiththelook.blogspot.com/

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

There's not much summer going on here in the Northern hemisphere either. I'm still turning on the heat in mid-May. It's enough to make a gal hide under the covers. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever be swimsuit weather.

Wild Tea Party said...

I love the cold weather for all the scarves and gloves and hats and coats and boots there are to be worn, I think we're complete opposites in that respect lol.

But, that said, that swimsuit shoot does make me miss the summer sun too. I guess it's good we get both in Sydney.