Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cocktail Frocks of the Week

There were so many lovely cocktail frocks on the red-carpet this week, that I can't resist posting not one, not two, but three frocks of the week.

Demi Moore looked drop dead gorgeous in this black & white frock with bow accents from up-and-coming US based designer Prabal Gurung. She is nicely coordinated with her hubby too; this couple are too ridiculously good-looking.

I couldn't resist showing the back as well. A bow and a train - what is there not to love?

Jason Wu is another up-and-coming designer, and regular readers would know that I'm rather partial to his use of colour and his elegant shapes. I was excited to see two creations from his latest collection out-and-about this week, and on two of Hollywood's most fashionable actresses.
Diane Kruger looks flawless in this Swiss dot one-shouldered party frock.


And how cute does Leslie Mann look in this yellow mini with peplum and waist cinching black belt?
It is so nice to see pretty, feminine cocktail frocks making the rounds. I'm a bit tired of the hard-edged glam eighties inspired numbers.

2 comments:

Huzzah! Vintage said...

liking the jason wu (no wonder michelle obama wears so much of his stuff!), but not so sure about the first and last dress. yellow and black + a peplum reminds me way too much of some horrible contempo casuals frocks i wore in the 80s.

Louise said...

I must say I'm a bit partial to a peplum myself. But I get it about the eighties. Even though shoulder pads are back in vogue, I still feel compelled to remove them from any vintage or second-hand item I pick up. There are just some styles you can never revisit.