Thursday, October 8, 2009

Favourite Fixations

The lovely Greetz from Greetz from Tiz posted the other day about her current obsession for berets, and it got me thinking about my current obsessions. I've talked about Hawaiian dresses in a previous post (and how sunny and fresh is this lovely one from Vintage Kitten?) but some other fixations that are occupying my waking moments between bed and work include:

1950's fashion models like the ridiculously elegant Jean Patchett

And 1990's supermodels, whom I grew up idolising and are now making a delightful comeback.
Hurrah for models with personality!

Vintage hats, perfect for Spring racing, like this royal blue feather concoction from Circa Vintage Hats.


My obsession with vintage costume jewellery endures. The brighter they sparkle and shine the better.


Holidays. Half the fun is dreaming of your destination and the beautiful memories then comfort you for weeks. One of my colleagues just spent the long weekend at beautiful Seal Rocks on the North Coast, and I quite fancy staying in this very house, next to the lighthouse there. Summer is coming - yippee!

Karl Lagerfeld's stand-alone ready-to-wear collection was understated and eminently wearable perfection but his collection for Chanel was truly squeal inducing. It included another one of my fixations; floral prints. Love, love this print and this dress. And I love that he had Lily Allen performing on a runway which resembled a barn-yard.

Robert Pattinson.


Joseph Gordon-Levitt


The feminine and elegant Governor-General Quentin Bryce (obviously the foxy lady in co-ordinated green) plus


sartorial risk-taker and international trendsetter, the lovely US First Lady Michelle Obama.

And last but not least ... cardboard boxes. Because I am in the midst of moving house and I'm completely surrounded by them. Who knew I had so much stuff.

6 comments:

Greetz from Tiz said...

I absolutely agree with the models of the '90!And the chanel collection...so beautiful!Good luck with moving, that is a little stressy, isn'it?!
A big hug!!and thanx!
greetz x

The Glamorous Housewife said...

How odd. My obsessions are almost exactly the same as your obsessions! We are so awesome.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Bree said...

Beautiful! Absolutley beautiful!

Bree said...

Beautiful! Absolutley beautiful!

Madeleine Miranda said...

Mmmm... I love that first dress, so so pretty!

Lovely blog, I'm now a follower :)

Huzzah! Vintage said...

JGL....SWOON!

still waiting to see 500 Days of Summer as I have a feeling I will be hugely disappointed