Saturday, October 24, 2009

If You Wish Upon a Star

They say that if you wish upon a star, your dreams will come true. Now it seems that adage holds true when it comes to wishing and hoping for a tropical print sarong dress. After drooling over them on Ebay and Etsy and all my favourite vintage sites, by chance I happened upon a truly gorgeous one whilst on a spontaneous window shop today. And lo and behold it fit like a glove. If there are higher powers at work, they were smiling on me today.
I was to meet my friend Helen in Surry Hills for lunch, but with half an hour to spare I treated my senses to a window shop in the Sydney Antiques Centre (where I was very tempted by a bright red Japanese side table which would look nifty in my flat) and then somewhat recklessly strolled into Coco Repose, knowing full well I never walk in there without buying something.
Today it was this dress ... I can't wait to take her on her first external outing.
Oh, and yes, I did get half my hair chopped off today. It had gotten so long I could almost wear it as a dress! Definitely time for a refresh.
P.S. The Sydney Antiques Centre is launching a special section dedicated to fashion this week. I'll definitely be reporting on it shortly.

3 comments:

Huzzah! Vintage said...

so cute! the stars must have been aligned!

Andi B. Goode said...

Lucky girl! Gorgeous dress =D
-Andi x

Bree said...

beautiful!