Friday, June 25, 2010

Ad Love

I never thought I'd find myself gushing over a Louis Vuitton collection; living in Japan at the height of the Vuitton/Murakami bag madness kind of turned me off the label. It seemed every second girl had exactly the same handbag, and more often that not it was used as a status marker more than a style maker.
But the Jacobs A/W collection for Louis Vuitton has had me all excited. The waist cinching corset style tops, dirndl skirts, inspired use of leather + the floral print evening wear (LOVE!) are so utterly feminine without being frou frou. I reckon they'll look good on the many rather than the few. I think wearability has been pretty poor in a lot of high fashion lately.
The advertising campaign for this collection - shot by Steven Meisel - has just been released, and it is beyond gorgeous. Jacobs has chosen three of my favourite models: Natalia Vodianova, Christy Turlington and Karen Elson. All are breathtaking beauties, highly recognisable, and with the lady-like qualities that suit the clothes.
I adore the retro styling - most particularly the flawless ponytails - and the dressing room setting is both simple and glamorous.

I'm also digging the Pre-Fall Bergdorf Goodman catalogue featuring high fashion darling Karlie Kloss, shot by Yelena Yemchuck. I only wish our DJs and Myer catalogues could be this lush and cutting edge.
Karlie's look here is proof positive to me that liberally applied pink blush works a treat.

No comments: