Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Purple-tastic Frocks of the Week

Each time Cate B steps onto the red-carpet, I'm convinced the world becomes a bit nicer. Okay, maybe not the world, but certainly the blogosphere, as followers of fashion across the globe gush over her beauty and sartorial perfection. Cate's outing this week in this Armani Prive gown is certainly no exception. The Sydney Theatre Company's production of A Streetcar Named Desire, in which Cate plays Blanche, is about to premiere in New York after a sell-out season here in Sydney. One day it looked like I was about to get my hands on tickets and then just as quickly they slipped through my fingers. That was a sad day.
Cate has the figure and the innate grace that is just made for couture, and this deceptively simple dress couldn't be more flattering. The colour looks fab against her porcelain skin.

Runner up for this week is the always delightfully dressed English actress Thandie Newton, who is looking super chic in a lilac strapless Vivienne Westwood Red Label dress. This look makes me think of 1950's Balenciaga; I love the tapered and ruched skirt and the sexy deep decollatage. Great necklace too.
I don't think I've posted much Thandie Newton before, but she is one of a handful of actresses that I consistently admire in the style stakes. She is always feminine but bold and isn't afraid of colour (or vintage). Thanks to Red Carpet Fashion Awards for the pic.

No comments: