Sunday, November 8, 2009

Something Blue

My fellow vintage-loving friend Erin was married yesterday in a park in Sydney's East followed by a reception down at Bondi Surf Life Saving Club. The weather has been a bit unpredictable of late, so to avoid late-night chills, I opted to wear this blue wool dress I recently purchased from Map Vintage in Avalon. I really love the gold embroidery against the vibrant blue, and the circle skirt has plenty of swing in it, making it perfect for tearing up the dance floor. My orange floral jacket that I picked up from the Fifties Fair, along with matching dress, continues to get a work-out.

Jacket - vintage (1950's)
Dress - vintage (1960's)
Belt - vintage
Shoes - gold Robert Robert sandals
Clutch - thrifted

The bride and her groom, Ryan, made a ridiculously good-looking couple. Erin wore a strapless, pure white, empire line Lisa Ho gown which had lovely draping around the bust. Her hair looked gorgeous worn in a side pony held together with a diamante clip. Very, very elegant and the hair was inspirational. Every hairdresser I've spoken to has tried to talk me into wearing my hair up at my wedding (as they all seem to concur that my hair is hopeless for holding styles), but the betrothed says he much prefers me with my hair loose and down. I'm hopeless with my hair so help, style suggestions are most welcome.

4 comments:

Huzzah! Vintage said...

pretty look! where are they dancefloor photos?!?!

Dotti said...

You have a pretty blog! Thanks for making me discover it by your comment. :)

Genevieve said...

You may like the Grace Kelly inspired hairdo that Ivanka Trump embraced for her wedding. It was down, but styled very elegantly.
Would look lovely on you.
I love your blog by the way.

Louise said...

Ooh, thanks. Her hair does look nice. Lots of hairspray will be required to combat the coastal winds!