Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Everything is coming up Traina-Norell


Now that I've discovered that Traina-Norell was Norman Norell before he was stand alone, I seem to be seeing the label everywhere. This dress has just sold - for a pretty penny no doubt - on 1st Dibs. I'm totally obsessed with prints for evening-wear at the moment, but they were sadly lacking at the Golden Globes. I think that if I had buckets of money and lots of parties to attend, I would be very happy indeed to be photographed in this 1950's cocktail frock.
If you want to while away a few hours coveting high end vintage that is out of reach, I highly recommend you check out the rest of the website. There is also a great interview with Australian actress Rachel Griffiths, talking about her love of mid-century design, my beautiful city Sydney, and her collection of vintage clothing.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

This is such a lovely 50s frock! So, so gorgeous!

Francy said...

That dress is dreamy! Just stumbled on your blog and love browsing through it. I'm following now :-)

pixiedrivein.blogspot.com