Saturday, January 2, 2010

A bride in 2010

I was sharing New Year well wishes with my friend Liana today and we were reflecting that by the end of 2010 we are both going to be married women. How thoroughly grown-up of us. While lovely Liana has yet to buy her wedding dress, I bought mine back in June and it now hangs in my wardrobe for me to gaze at whenever the fancy takes me (and the betrothed isn't home). My crush on my 1950's Ceil Chapman still rages, but that doesn't stop me from occasionally checking out other flashy frocks. It makes me happy whilst reaffirming my choice of dress as wholly right.
My long-term readers would know that I bought my wedding dress from the fantastic Etsy seller Timeless Vixen Vintage. They always have the most gorgeous selection of mid-century vintage, updated very regularly, with styles to suit most tastes. Here is a selection of the wedding dresses they currently have on offer that have caught my eye. The top dress almost makes me want to marry twice (minus the expense but including the honeymoon) and the first frock below is a genuine 1950's Dior!






Over at Posh Girl Vintage, this 1950's Cahill of Beverley Hills frock is both breathtaking and breathtakingly expensive (for vintage, mind you). Oh how I'd love to see this on a statuesque bride.

And this sexy pleated number from DRESS would look smashing on a girl that loves the vintage bombshell look a la Marilyn Monroe.

And finally this 1950's Italian evening gown from Etsy seller Vintage Blue Moon isn't exactly a wedding dress, but it is so modern looking and so drop dead stunning, I reckon it could easily work as one.

5 comments:

SophieSweetVintage said...

How sweet of you to leave a comment! Thank you :-) I'm getting married in 2010 also! Wish you all the best!

Greetz from Tiz said...

These dresses are all so beautiful! I'm so curious to see you with your wedding dress;-))
Happy new year and all the best wishes for a super beautiful wedding full of love...
greetz my dear!

Greetz from Tiz said...

these dresses are all so beautiful! I'm so curious to see you in your wedding dress!!!
Happy new year my dear , my best wishes for a lovely wedding full of love,
greetz x

Wild Tea Party said...

I have to agree - Timeless Vixen Vintage seem to have the most amazing vintage wedding dresses I've ever seen. I've got my eye on two of their fifties wedding dresses but alas I'm a long way off from getting married.

I'm sure your wedding dress will be equally amazing to all of those you've shown though :)

I haven't been reading long enough to know, but are you having bridesmaids in vintage dresses too?

M. said...

I want to wear a vintage dress for my wedding..whenever that is, these are all gorgeous! lovely post.

lovelove,
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com