Saturday, October 30, 2010

Anne as Audrey

Actress Anne Hathaway is the cover girl for the November issue of US Vogue and the editorial has her wearing elegant evening wear as shot by Mario Testino. She's looking very Audrey in this shoot - a whole lot of My Fair Lady with a dash of Roman Holiday thrown in - and utterly gorgeous. Love the shot of her in the Oscar de la Renta polka dot.

It seems Audrey's unforgettable style and beauty will never cease to inspire. The November issue of Vanity Fair has also come over all Audrey, with a scene by scene tribute to Funny Face featuring the latest couture. The editorial sounds awesome in theory, but in practice doesn't quite work for me. I'm not sure whether it's the layout, the model or the particular choice of expensive clothes (come to think of it, that surely can't be it), but for me it comes across as a little bit budget and twee. Surprising, as Vanity Fair has featured some of my favourite classic Hollywood inspired shoots ever.
Let me know your opinion if you've picked up the November issue too.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I LOVE her! What exquisite looks.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge