Thursday, October 28, 2010

My New Party Dress & A Wedding

My dear friend Liana married her Irishman Mark last weekend in a beautiful garden ceremony in Berry. It was a beautiful, intimate wedding and thankfully the rain managed to hold out until they'd finished signing the register, after which the skies opened and didn't stop for a few days.
It was the perfect opportunity to wear my new vintage party dress care of Coco Repose. I love the little folds of fabric over the bust, and the skirt has a cute little bow on the front of the skirt. Plus its blue and floral and those are two elements I'm innately drawn too. I paired the dress with some pink satin shoes care of Gianna Meliani.

The bride wore a beautiful 30s inspired Collette Dinnigan dress. The pure white colour really suited her olive skin and the low scooped back was divine.
It was a truly joyous weekend.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Super cute! The pink shoes go so well too. I love when there are actual occasions to wear vintage party dresses to, where it doesn't look too costumy. Well done!

Veronica Darling... said...

SO DARLING, what beautiful colours in that frock!

Wild Tea Party said...

That dress suits you so much. I love it on you! And the bride isn't looking too bad either ;)