Sunday, December 14, 2008

Daydreaming ...

So on days when I'm feeling unwell or a bit low, I escape to fantasy land by checking out this website:

This website has the most amazing vintage dresses I've seen online so far. Now that the Aussie dollar has taken a nosedive against the US dollar, I won't be ordering any vintage clothes from the US for a while, but regardless I would never be able to afford most of these stunning gowns anyway.

They've got vintage Cassini, Dior, Lanvin, Balenciaga and more. Drool. Their mid-century selection makes me swoon. How I would love to have just one or two of these dresses in my wardrobe, even just to look at them and try them on on rainy days. Lets face it, I don't really have anywhere to wear them.

Here is an example of one of the dresses. I am particularly enamoured of this one.

And speaking of designer couture, I'm attempting to cajole my darling boyfriend into driving me to Bendigo to check out the V&A 'Golden Age of Couture' exhibition which, irritatingly, is only being shown in Bendigo (a ten hour drive away from Sydney) until March and isn't visiting Sydney or Melbourne. Apparently some of the dresses on display are divine.


Any ideas on how I can bribe him? Bendigo looks like it could be fun. Even though I'm usually loath to venture more than 20kms from the beach during summer.

No comments: