Friday, December 19, 2008

Dress of the Week


I've been watching Scar Jo and Eva Mendes - two of the prettiest women in Hollywood - hit the red carpet all over the world this week to promote their new film 'The Spirit.' I must confess to knowing nothing at all about the film (oops), but I did notice what they were both wearing, and they were working some fantastic new and vintage frocks.

My favourite, however, was definitely this gorgeous yellow Bill Blass maxi dress Eva wore to the LA premiere. The colour and pattern of the fabric on this dress is absolutely divine. I fail to see how anyone couldn't absolutely adore this dress. The embellishments on the bodice are stunning as well. She looks a million bucks.

I actually tried on a cute new bra with a similar large yellow floral pattern to this dress last night, but instead I decided to go with a pink and turquoise lace one. Yes, yes, I know I am meant to be on a purchasing freeze. But yesterday was one of the worst days at work I've had all year (and I've had some shockers) and I needed a little pick-me-up. So far it doesn't look like the pick-me-up worked, as I'm sitting at home on the couch feeling decidedly yuck. Maybe I should have bought the yellow one?

No comments: