Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Celebrity vintage sighting


SJP was spotted at a premiere in New York this week in this lovely vintage sheath dress accessorised with a hot pink carnation brooch and a cute Chanel evening bag. I like the complimentary contrast of the white lace bodice with the beige skirt.

I wish I could wear more dresses like this but it is indeed a day to be remembered when I find a shift or sheath that my hips can fit into. I was super happy when I found my baby pink lace 60's shift at The Vintage Clothing Shop, which managed to make it into the social pages of QLD's Sunday Mail (I was up there for work, and it was all because of the dress, of course, that the photo ed. picked it and NOTHING to do with the fact that I was standing next to an early 20 something blonde).

My lace shift will always have a soft spot in my heart as I wore it the second time I was at the same party as Cate B (different party to the one above). I was in vintage and she was wearing tight jeans, a blazer and fabulous shoes and was as luminous as a Botticelli painting. I had wished my boyfriend was there so he would be forced to admit she is a breathtaking beauty and not 'pale & pasty' as he claims.

And at least I can take comfort from the celebrities he does like such as Keira Knightley and January Jones from Mad Men. His taste isn't all bad.

No comments: