Friday, April 24, 2009

WOW

Check out this amazing Vanity Fair shoot with very pretty & talented British actress Emily Blunt in A/W couture dresses. I buy it every month anyway, but I am particularly looking forward to this issue now. I appreciate a bit of 18Th Century aristocratic styling, and young boys wearing the hell out of military jackets.
I'm feeling particularly glum about the recession today. I just spoke to one of my neighbours and he is out of work & a lot of people I know, particularly those in the building trade, have been struggling of late as well. In the face of such drab realities, some might ask why should we bother drooling over clothes that no-one - not even most celebrities, who are generally too conservative to wear gowns that are more artistic masterpieces than anything else - can possibly afford to buy or would ever have any place to wear. But I draw us much enjoyment from looking at beautiful things as I do from owning them (because frankly I can't afford to own many). Watching the waves roll into my own beautiful Bondi Beach today brings me joy, as does marvelling at the divine fabrics and expert construction in these frocks. And a little bit of joy is always a good thing.

And speaking of Emily Blunt, don't you reckon she and Meryl were the highlights of The Devil Wears Prada?Most chick flicks these days are rubbish - Sex and the City The Movie just about ruined one of my favourite shows and I'm gutted they are making another one - but The Devil Wears Prada was thoroughly enjoyable, and didn't treat its audience like a bunch of screaming wedding obsessed bimbos. And Meryl was - as always - brilliant and completely embodied her character, and Emily was seriously hilarious.

I cannot wait to see Emily's new movie The Young Victoria. Check out the trailer below ...

I love a good romantic period drama and this one will have political intrigue thrown in for good measure too. Plus it is Martin Scorsese, so it is a no brainer really.



Oh, and the dresses are Dior, Givenchy, Dior and Armani Prive.
Wouldn't Cate B looking stunning in the Armani?

No comments: